Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tricks of Nature

Remember those books divided into three sections so that you could flip the pages to put a pig's face with a horse's body? Kind of like the opening of "Ugly Betty" where they change the eyes and nose and mouth until they fit her face. I've been feeling like I'm looking at one of those books on the subway lately.

The other night I was riding home, looking at a pair of feet shod in what appeared to be men's shoes. The ankles were thick and hairy. The legs were covered in brown pants. Then my eyes rose to the waist. Thin and female! I looked up a little more, and saw that there were breasts and even higher, a beautiful face of a woman. She had square grey glasses perched upon a perky nose. Her mouth was wide and sensual. Her hair, chestnut and flowing to just above her shoulders. I looked down again, and sure enough, those masculine feet and hairy ankles belonged to that beautiful woman. Odd, I thought.

On another ride I noticed a woman who apparently had injured her foot. Two legs, but with different shoes. One, a plaid ballet flat, the other an open-toed sneaker. Amusing!

Reminds me of the time I had on two different shoes because I hadn't looked down when slipping them on under my desk. Fortunately I caught myself before anyone say them! Just a little fun on the trains to pass the time.

No comments: