Sunday, June 14, 2009

Entry Blockers

I ran down the stairs to the number 7 train, late as usual, muttering to myself, "get the lead out, move faster" as the people in front of me crept down the stairs.  The bell had rung indicating that the doors were about to close.  If I missed that train, I would have to wait 3-5 minutes for the next one that was pulling into the station to leave.  I had my headphones on, when I sarcastically said "Excuse me" to the thoughtless sentries that blocked the door.

Making it past these two behemoths I noticed that every one was staring at me.  Looking down to make sure I wasn't exposing body parts,  I realized that my music was kind of loud, so my voice must have been loud as well.  Feeling a bit contrite, I sought out a sympathetic face and found one in a sad looking woman, brown skinned with darker circles under her eyes. "I guess I was kind of loud, huh?"  "I feel the same way," she said in a soft voice, "I'm glad you said something." And, so I continue my crusade to rid the trains from entry blockers.  

No comments: